Sunday, August 8, 2010

Plum Cake Recipe (Try with other fruit!)

I made the following cake I found off of http://skyturtle.wordpress.com/2010/03/14/easy-sunday-cooking-plum-cake-recipe/

How to make plum cake:
2 eggs
half a cup of white sugar
half a cup of oil
one cup and a half flour (I used 3/4 cup AP flour and the rest with whole white wheat flour)
one teaspoon baking soda
4-5 plums (try with sweet peaches, nectarines or berries next time)
Cut the plums in one finger thick slices then sprinkled with white sugar.

Pre-heat the oven to 360 F
Beat the eggs with the sugar. Add the oil and mix some more.
Mix the baking soda in the flour.
Start snowing the flour on top of the egg/sugar/oil mix. Mix some more. Continue adding flour until you get a creamy shiny texture.
Put the soft dough in a tray, over a layer of cooking paper.
Arrange the sliced plums on top of the dough then sprinkle with sugar and cinnamin.
Bake for 25 min.
After 27 minutes, I thought it was ready however when I cut into the cake, the middle was still doughy! I placed back in over for 15 more minutes.
Cake itself was delicious but the plums lost all their flavor. I would try this next time as a loaf with blueberries or arrange peaches or nectarines ontop instead.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thank you so much for the mention :)

    I made another version with plums, cherries and walnuts and it was delicious.

    You don't have to cut into the cake. One thing I do to see if the cake is ready is sticking a spaghetti in the middle of the cake. If it comes out with dough - you should continue baking; if it's dry, it's done.

    Another important thing is to put the cake in the well heated owen.

    Happy baking!

    ReplyDelete